Family focused activities :
Sisters town and surroundings is a good destination for family vacations, where you will find activities and attractions that cater to children of all ages. Here are some to consider:
- Camp Sherman Fish Hatchery – Tour the fish hatchery and learn about the life cycle of fish, like rainbow trout and kokanee salmon.
- Suttle Lake – Spend the day swimming, fishing, kayaking or paddleboarding. You can also find several hiking trails nearby.
- Sisters Movie House – Catch a movie in this cozy and family-friendly theater that screens a variety of movies.
- Hoodoo Ski Area – During winter, go skiing, snowboarding, or tubing. This has a variety of slopes and trails for all skill levels.
- The Fossil Cartel – In downtown Sisters this gallery has a variety of fossils, crystals, and geodes on display.
- Sisters Park and Recreation District – This area offers a variety of activities for children, including art classes, swim lessons, and summer camps.
- Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show – During summer, check out the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show, featuring over 1,300 quilts on display throughout the town.
- Paulina Plunge – This guided bike ride takes you down a mountain and through streams and waterfalls.
- Village Green Park – Right downtown Sisters, you can enjoy a picnic or play in the playground.
- Black Butte Ranch – You can go on guided walks around nature, do birdwatching tours, take a horseback riding lesson or go on a trail ride.
- Cascade Indoor Sports – Take advantage of this place during bad weather days. Kids can play indoor soccer, volleyball, or basketball.
- High Desert Museum – In the city of Bend, this museum offers several interactive exhibits and educational programs for children.
- Smith Rock State Park – While hiking the trails with stunning views of rock formations, you can have a chance at seeing wildlife such as golden eagles and mule deer.
- Bend Science Station – Children can take hand-on science classes or participate in summer camps.
- Sisters Farmers Market – Every Sunday during the summer this market features local vendors selling fresh produce, baked goods, and crafts.
Despite the season that you decide to visit the town of Sisters and its surroundings, you will find several family-oriented activities and attractions. With its natural beauty and welcoming community, it is the perfect destination for a family vacation